IdentityAutomation.com provides a variety of online offerings, including information about Identity Automation products, programs, and services the latest promotion, event, training, and company information and online shopping, registration, technical support, and downloadable software. When you visit IdentityAutomation.com, information may be requested of you in order to participate more fully with us. You do not need to provide us personally identifiable information to simply browse our site.
When we ask you to supply information, we use it to serve your request. If the information that you provide may be used for other purposes (e.g., to contact you about other Identity Automation products or services or to make you aware of offers from some of our business partners), we provide you a notice of such uses with an opportunity not to have personally identifiable information used for those other purposes.
We do not disclose the personally identifiable information that you provide us to third parties, except as necessary to provide the product or service you have specifically requested, such as fulfillment vendor that we have contracted with to service our customers on our behalf.
Examples of how and why we collect and use information from you:
- IdentityAutomation.com Memberships: Some areas of our web site requires you to be a registered user or a member, such as those sub-sites found under Customer Center. We may ask for contact information and perhaps other relevant information, depending on the service. We use this information to provide you the service that you requested. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
- Promotions and Events: We keep you informed of promotions, conferences, seminars, and training offerings, and often provide online registration to these events. To process your registration, we request certain information from you, such as contact or billing information. We do not provide this information to third parties, except as it is necessary to provide the product or service that you requested.
- Free Software Downloads: When you download software from us, we often request your contact information in order to process your order. We are required by law to identify individuals to comply with certain export regulations. We do not provide this information to third parties except in rare instances if requested by an authorized government agency.
- Special Information Downloads: We restrict access to some pieces of interesting, but non-essential content, such as new White Papers, and require you to complete a short form that includes your contact information in order to read or download them. By completing this form, you grant Identity Automation and/or Identity Automation’s partners permission to contact you regarding Identity Automation products and services. In each instance where this is required, this usage is clearly marked. Information protected in this way is NEVER critical usage information.
- Sales Call Requests: If you complete a Sales Request Form, your information will be used by Identity Automation and/or Identity Automation’s partners to fulfill your request.
- Subscriptions and Newsletters: We offer you the ability to sign up for the many email newsletters from IdentityAutomation.com. These email newsletters are optional and you may unsubscribe at any time, should you decide that you no longer want to receive them.
- Contests and Surveys: From time to time, we may offer our customers and other visitors the option to participate in contests or surveys. If you would like to participate, we may ask you for contact information, preferences, or other information. Such information is used for purposes such as to conduct research, improve our offerings, or award prices. Our contests may have separate contest rules and we identify how the information that you may supply will be used in each case.
- Electronic Resume Submission: The Identity Automation jobs portion of our site provides you with information about exciting career opportunities with our company. If you submit your resume electronically we request your contact information, including email address so that we may get in touch with you. We do not use resume information for purposes other than employment considerations.
- Customer Spotlight: Customer Spotlight provides you the opportunity to share your success story about using an Identity Automation product, service, or technology. Information provided by you may be posted on our web site so that others may &ldquosee the light&rdquo.
- Forums, Wikis, and Message Boards: We offer you the ability to participate in our forums, message boards, and wikis, so that you may easily interact with other users and with product experts about Identity Automation products and services. These public forums and message boards are not private forms of communication, and contents there are visible to anyone. All queries and replies posted on the forums are permanently archived by Identity Automation, thus providing an enduring addition to Identity Automation’s product documentation, even when the customers are disconnected from the Web. If you use a forum, wiki, or message board on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Likewise, you are responsible if you choose to provide contact information along with articles you authored, or if you identity yourself in a comment you submit via the rating tools. We are not responsible for personally identifiable information you choose to submit in any of these interactive sections of IdentityAutomation.com.